Tuesday 5 November 2013

LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION

Another post, another nomination these days! I need to start actually, er, blogging in between...

This time it is the...




This is another one from the lovely Grace, so thank you to her for even looking at my blog! And for giving me more reasons to slow down my life long enough to post something...

The Rules:

1. Recognize the nominator(s).
2. Answer the 10 questions that the nominator asked you.
3. State 10 facts about yourself
4. Create your own 10 questions.
5. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
6. Let the nominees know you’ve nominated them.

So, as I've already completed rule #1 I will answer some questions...
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Even though this blog is new(ish) I have had blogs for quite a few years now. I think I mainly like the idea of having my own space to post about anything I want and to have something to look back on in years to come, so I can remember what I was thinking about in those moments. It is this kind of creativity that other bloggers share that inspires me to do it myself!
2. Which shop can you not visit without buying something?
I'm pretty well restrained when it comes to clothes and beauty, if I can't afford it I won't let myself have it (most of the time that is true!) but my particular weakness is the Oxfam on Cowley Road, I can not go in there without coming away with at least one book! Not the most glamorous answer, but it is true!
3. Beauty purchase you most regret?
Having got into all things beauty this summer, I've made quite a few purchases... but one I regret is the Alpha H liquid gold (pause for gasps!). The reasons are many - I was convinced by everyone that this was THE product, even by all my favourite beauty 'gurus' and so I shelled out about £35 (which is a LOT for a poor student!) and not only am I not impressed by the results (I stuck with it and it has never been worship-worthy) it also leaked all into the lid and exploded everywhere so I ended up losing loads of the product! Waste of money.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I think about this all the time! I don't know where, but I'd like a nice house in the countryside so I live somewhere pretty with places to walk the dogs I will soon have, but that is not too much of a drive away from somewhere that has a bit of decent shopping! Not too much to ask, right? I would also like to live on the East Coast, either New York or somewhere in Connecticut for a like a year, but I don't think my boyfriend would do it.
5. Nude lip or bold lip?
I don't have a preference. For me it depends on my mood or which particular product I'm loving. Today I wore my new Rimmel colour rush balm in 'on fire', a bright pinky red, to uni all day because I felt like it. I must say, I usually go for a nude lip, but I love bold lips on others so I think why not wear one myself if I think it looks so good?!
6. If you could only use one form of social media, what would it be?
I use Twitter the most these days, so I suppose that one. But if you included Tumblr, Youtube and all the blogging platforms it would be a toss up between Tumblr and Youtube.
7. Favourite drugstore makeup brand?
Oh my god, why is this such a difficult question?! Probably because there is so many. I want to say Soap & Glory, but that isn't really based on their makeup because other than the Gloss stick I bought the other day (and am LOVING) I haven't really used much of their makeup - their bath & body products on the other hand... I suppose for makeup I'm inclined to say Rimmel because I have more products (and a variety of) from them. I have a variety of drugstore brands that I love in my makeup collection though! 
8. When it comes to snacks which do you prefer, sweet or savoury?
I want to say I'm more into savoury. Not got the sweetest of tooths anymore! I can't think of a snack in particular though.. I prefer meals!
9. Which skincare product could you not live without?
This is another hard one! I have recently been using a couple of things that I LOVE and that have really made a difference (massive improvement) to my skin. These are the Egyptian Magic cream and my No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush I love these so much I'm going to find time to review them here! But honestly I can't live without cleanser - I haven't found my perfect one yet, but I must cleanse my face morning and night!
10. Dream job?
I've come to the decision that I don't have a 'dream job' but that there are some I would love to do. I'm aiming to go through a PhD and work in a university, write books and maybe work on a literary magazine. Seeing as I realistically want to do these things, it doesn't seem like a dream job (well, it is until it actually happens I suppose) but other jobs that I think would be awesome but probably won't ever do are food writing, cookbook writing, being an amazing chef. I think if I wasn't going into literature, food would be my thing, I love it!

10 Facts About Me:
My hair decides what colour it wants to be, regardless of what colour I dye it.
I drink a lot of coffee.
I love Sofia Coppola films, especially The Virgin Suicides which I have seen probably 300 times.
I watch the Yale Open Courses lectures online for American Novel and Critical Theory because I'm just that into it.
The book I recommend to everyone is Beloved. Absolutely amazing in so many ways.
I panic and freak out that I can't do uni and think I don't belong here at least once a semester.
My boyfriend has the most beautiful colour red hair and I would love to have hair that colour if it wouldn't make us look like twinnys!
My favourite food is Roast Potatoes, nothing beats them!
Christmas has become my favourite holiday, I'm already beyond excited for it!
Gilmore Girls is my favourite thing ever, I wish I could live in their world and kind of do seeing as I watch the whole thing over and over (and have done for years) I must have spent about 6 straight months worth of my life just watching GG. Or very possibly more. Oh dear!
My Questions:
1. Do you prefer to read blogs or watch vlogs?
2.  Best high end beauty product you have tried?
3. Best drugstore dupe for a high end product?
4. Favourite book?
5. Best place to go on holiday in the UK?
6. What is your favourite pamper treat?
7. Favourite holiday (as in Christmas/Easter/Halloween etc) and why? 
8. What is your ultimate favourite place to shop?
9. For a bright lip: Red, Pink or Orange?
10. What is your favourite thing to blog about/ that you have blogged about?
Now I'm going to cheat with my nomination and go for someone with more than 200 followers..
Zoe from AmeliasAllSorts who is a lovely blogger from my hometown (:

No comments:

Post a Comment