Sunday 27 October 2013

VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD

I don't know much about blog awards to be honest, except for the bigger fashion and beauty ones when my favourite well-known bloggers go to the awards and then blog about it...

Reading Grace's  blog I have noticed a few other blog award things and she very kindly nominated me for a couple, I missed one so I thought I'd do this one because why not? 

So there are some rules, which go like this:

1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Post 7 facts about yourself.
3) Nominate 15 people.
4) Put the "Versatile Blogger Award" badge on your page.


So, first of course thank you to Grace, who definitely deserves to win awards for her blog because she posts regularly and about a variety of things, which I like, such as recipes for tasty treats like Blondies, hauls so we can all have a good nose, Birchbox posts (which I love because I like to compare it with what I get!) and I enjoy that we actually go to the same uni (and coincidentally both come from Shropshire, I think!) and seem to have similar levels of geekiness for our subjects! 

Ok, onto 7 facts about me...

1) I love real ale. I am the president of my university's real ale society, which means I get to do cool things like be a judge for LocAle at the Oxford Beer Festival where I've decided the beer of the year 2 years in a row now! ...Among other things!

2) In some ways I have really changed since starting university. At school I was quite a lazy student, letting myself be 'average' academically because I wasn't overly bothered. Now I'm a complete geek (and no longer academically average) as I love my subjects at uni and am seriously considering going all the way through a PhD. I think this shocks/ surprises people who knew me back in the day.

3) Saying that for number 2, the problem I now have is that I take far too much on. I work part time alongside studying 2 subjects and I volunteer as a mentor/ tutor, am president of real ale, member of the English departmental association committee and last year was a student rep. It can be stressful and makes it hard to find time to have a life but I enjoy it!

4) I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years, we met right at the beginning of uni and we just (in August) moved into our first flat together, which is awesome! 

5) I am technically a 'mature' student because I was 21 when I started my course. I didn't notice the age gap between me and the 18 year olds straight out of college for the first year of my course, but now that I mingle with current first years in real ale society they all think I'm really old, even though I'm *only* 23! (If I'm not young in their eyes at least I'm young looking enough to occasionally get ID'd!)

6) I LOVE to cook and bake. I always cook meals from scratch and when I have time I love being experimental in the kitchen (I don't just mean things like the Ultimate Choc Chip Oreo Fudge Brownie either!) I do my shopping at the farmers market every saturday and am lucky to live next door to a butcher!

7) I love daily life/ day in the life vlogs. Watching (because I am NOSEY) and making them because I love the idea of capturing memories and being able to look back in years to come at different times of your life that made you happy, even if it is something small. The problem is I still find it a bit embarrassing not knowing who else is going to watch your videos - imagine a lecturer stumbling across your videos! So I haven't made one for ages...

OK so I'm going to nominate some blogs that are the ones I look at the most and that I have looked at for a long time:

Gillo Filippa (Filippa Smeds)
Shelley Mulshine
Jag Lever
Hannah and Landon
LLYMLRS
Spin Dizzy Fall
The Road is Home
Party Tights
Vivianna Does Makeup
Sprinkle of Glitter
That Grace Girl (If I hadn't already got this from Grace I would have nominated her anyway, so HAD to include her wonderful blog!)

I know it isn't 15 but those are the blogs that I look at pretty regularly and never tire of. 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comments! I actually just nominated you for another award too, hope you don't mind going through a similar process again! It would be lovely to meet up some time :)

    http://thatgracegirl.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only noticed this the other day but have now done my post for the other award nomination. They are quite fun! It would be nice to meet, we could get christmas starbucks drinks & browse in Boots and Lush!

      Delete