Saturday 14 December 2013

A Treat For Me, Amidst The Christmas Shopping...



Zara Lace & Faux Leather Dress  £49.99
I have never had such a stressful semester, increasingly so as the weeks went by, and so I neglected the ol' blog. Now that I'm finished for Christmas I think I'll have another crack at it, and try and make it much better!

-----------------------------


I'm going to start with something we all love, or at least need... clothes!

Before I moved into my current flat in August I was concerned about the lack of wardrobe space so went small-living-space-organisation mad and sold & gave away to charity more than half of my clothes and shoes.

This has left me with far too little, which I didn't really think about! One especially lacking area of my wardrobe since the clothing exodus is 'going-out'/ evening attire. Now I must admit I'm pretty boring and rarely go out, I never go clubbing because I just don't enjoy it and when I do go out in the evening its just to the pubs where fancy fashion isn't really the dress code!

Last night, however, I had my end of semester/ Christmas celebration that is just for third-year English and Drama students and our lecturers. An evening at the Pegasus theatre with post-play mulled wine and Christmas nibbles in the cafe. So, I needed an outfit.

How exciting, I thought, allowing myself to buy myself something new (lately all my money has gone on presents for other people in time for Christmas AND birthdays!). I must say I still feel pretty guilty for spending £50 on myself when I have so little to begin with, but after trawling round all the shops in Oxford this was the ONLY thing I liked...




When I saw this on the hanger in-store it immediately made me think of Alexa Chung, whose style I adore (who doesn't love Alexa?!) and who I met once when working at London Fashion Week. It is simple and statement both, making it so easy to create an amazing outfit while being really easy to wear. Comfortable too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment