Thursday 15 August 2013

REVIEW: MUA MAKEUP










When you watch all these beauty videos on YouTube with the likes of Tanya Burr, ViviannaDoesMakeup, Zoella, FleurDeForce and a spool of others waving about every shade of shadow, layering on the laquer and preaching about polishes its not long before your head explodes because you thought a quick coat of mascara and some eyeliner did the trick! 

Well, thats how it hit me, after seeing videos with tutorials on beautiful makeup looks, having the world of proper skincare opened up to me and learning there was a shed load of products I hadn't even heard of before! I felt like running to Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams with a trolley to fulfil my rekindled love of what I'd always thought of as 'that girly stuff'.

Unfortunately for me, I began this new love affair at the worst time - a time of having nothing but very shallow pockets! Don't fret just yet, I could still experiment with makeup once I found MUA!

I like MUA generally because it is darn cheap, cheaper than chips for certain! It was the perfect way for me to not feel too left out after watching a marathon of beauty videos! I know that I will have money again soon enough but until then, why miss out? 

I don't love all of the MUA products that I have and might do a good V bad MUA products post, but here are three that I do love, and I'll tell you why...

Firstly, we have two blushers at just £1 each, blimey! No excuse not to really, is there? These shades are both lovely and surprisingly pigmented and serve me very well. I like that they are small, which makes them easy to fit in your clutch bag, brill!

The second thing is my favourite MUA product, this mascara is only £3 and is absolutely perfect for my troublesome lashes, it seems to be the only mascara they get along with! See what I mean here in my Maybelline The Falsies review. I had been using Maybelline great lash mascara for years, but all of a sudden the formula wasn't doing it for me anymore. On a whim I picked this MUA one up and it was love at first coat...

So there you go, a bit of budget slap ain't all that bad sometimes! When it comes to skincare however... I won't tell you how much I've spent on those beauty ..ahem.. essentials!

What cheaper makeup products do you like to pick up on a browse round the drugstore shelves?

No comments:

Post a Comment