Saturday 31 August 2013

THE LIFESTYLE POST: TRIP TO BATH SPA




Part of the 'Circus'

Beginning of our boat trip


View from a cafe on Pulteney Bridge

The breakfast part of our bed&breakfast


The Roman baths


The stonemason, who asked if I was available to marry his (also stonemason) son, so they could carry on the stonemason line... his son wasn't bad looking, but obviously I turned them down!

Maple and pecan yum yum, or as I call it, absolute heaven!

Rooftop terrace at the amazing Hall & Woodhouse

Busy chefs

The restaurant



Absolutely delicious food!

My Nan's fish n chips! 



Yeah..so Cary Grant saw me do a wee. Normal.

Because otherwise walking to the loos would be boring

The exterior

So I just got back from an amazing week in Bath. I went with my Nan, Mum and Auntie from Monday to Friday. It is a fairly quick journey for me from Oxford and I will definitely be going back because I fell in love with the place! 

I was so surprised at how beautiful the whole place was and the generally calm and relaxed atmosphere, even when we were in the middle of the city and there were lots of people it didn't feel hectic at all. How do they do that? 

I was also impressed with the shopping and choice of food places, from recognised chain places like Garfunkels, Jamie's Italian and Bill's to hidden independent gems serving amazing authentic pizzas and Chinese food. My favourite food stop of the week by far was our last night at Hall & Woodhouse, now that is an awesome place! Lots of photos above illustrate the cool decor and relaxed but really fun atmosphere. It was actually the atmosphere that drew me to the place, as I had walked past earlier in the day on my way to the Jane Austen Centre (you didn't think I would neglect the literary hotspots did you? Not that they had much of a grasp on her literature, more so her life and time in Bath) I saw through the windows that everyone in the place appeared to be having endless fun. 

I also went round the Roman baths, which was interesting, apparently not only do people fall in quite frequently but some naughty ones even jump in on purpose

As well as getting cultured at museums, on boat trips and eating, I couldn't help but visit their large Boots where I may have made a slightly extravagant purchase (for a student) and also popped in to Space NK where I finally got colour matched for the first time! The foundation of choice was Laura Mercier silk creme foundation and unsurprisingly I am the shade Rose Ivory. Did I buy it? For £33? No I didn't let the beauty counter consultant pressure wear me down, but maybe sometime soon I'll hit 'order' on the Space NK website, we'll see...

Overall, I had a lovely time in Bath when I should probably have been in Oxford reading for my dissertation, oh well, should probably get back to that now...


No comments:

Post a Comment