Saturday 5 October 2013

THE BUSY LIFE OF A SOCIETY PRESIDENT





So we are a couple weeks into the first semester of uni now and it has been a hectic blur for me! I definitely take on far too much and it is only going to get busier, but I love every minute of it!

Something completely new for me this year is being the president of the Real Ale Society, I have loved real ale and oldy worldy, historic-ly atmospheric pubs for years and I think it is important for this to be offered to students at uni, because not all students love clubbing!

We have had 3 events so far, a city centre pub crawl, a cowley road pub crawl and a mini beer festival. We have had some really lovely people join this year and every event is like a big group of friends hanging out together, which is amazing. 

Here are some photos from our events...










As well as these smaller, regular events we will be creating a pub guide to Oxford in video & paper forms, so look out for that! Also, we are going to hopefully have our own beer festival at our uni, which would be incredible! Among other exciting things....

So along with my course, job and from next week mentor/tutoring at the secondary school next door to uni, this is what I do at uni!

Find blog posts about us & our events here: http://www.brookesunion.org.uk/groups/real-ale--3/articles


No comments:

Post a Comment