Saturday 20 July 2013

REVIEW: MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES MASCARA



Maybelline The Falsies Mascara £7.99

I bought this mascara after I'd seen Tanya Burr loving it in many of her makeup tutorials. While I like the shape of the wand and the pigment of the product, I don't really like anything else about it...

But not because it isn't good! I think it's a very good mascara, it lengthens, it volumizes it gives you big beautiful lashes..

but it gives me far too full-on, almost spidery lashes. This is rather unfortunate, because I like the product in the tube. It might be the brush, it might be the consistency of the product and it might be a combo of the two, but it doesn't get on with my lashes.

The thing about my lashes is that they are naturally VERY long already and I could probably get away with clear mascara everyday if I wanted to. Having lashes like this is nice and not-so-nice, because even if I don't want any more length I still need some assistance in separating my lashes out and giving them a bit of definition, which this mascara just isn't designed for!

Can anyone suggest a mascara for me that will separate, define and perhaps curl my lashes rather than just a lengthening/ volumizing one?



2 comments:

  1. I have long lashes too and mascara just makes them look absolutely terrible, I've tried IN2IT's lash conditioning mascara but it dried out my eyelashes. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently using an MUA mascara that works really well for me, I think it is the plastic wand that makes all the difference because it picks up much less product than the bristly brushes like this Maybelline one. I find that most mascaras are only interested in giving you more volume, which isn't helpful for those of us that just want some definition and curl! I'm currently looking into more plastic wand mascaras to try, I've seen one from Bourjois that might work... for ages I used to use Maybelline 'great lash' but went off it because I found it was drying out too quickly, but its application was fine! Also, for long lashes it's a good idea to invest in a comb to use straight after mascara application as this helps tone down excess and give more separation and definition.

      Here are some links:

      http://copperrboom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/review-mua-makeup.html

      http://copperrboom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/review-real-techniques-brushes.html

      Hope this helps! x

      Delete