Thursday 16 January 2014

Birchbox, January.

January Birchbox.
Samples. I'm fairly new to the beauty world, having only just learned in the past year about proper skincare routines and how important (and enjoyable) they can be, how to apply liquid foundation most effectively and the joys of face transformation in the way of contours and crease (cringe). On my journey of beauty discovery helpful things have included blogs reviewing products so I can walk into Boots and make it look like I know what I'm looking at now, Youtube for teaching me how to clean my face properly and make it look good (cheers) and Birchbox for allowing me to try all sorts of wonders I would never find on my own. A few of my favourite things (stop singing, keep reading) I've had the chance to try with Birchbox so far have been the Egyptian Magic cream, oh my goodness it is literally magic and Laura Mercier long lash mascara - I struggle to find mascaras I like and this is my absolute daily favourite now. 

So I thought that from now on I would do a post about what I get in my monthly Birchbox, what I think of the bits etc. And because I have to rip it open as soon as it arrives at my door, the photos will be from my instagram for these posts!

Follow me on Bloglovin'
 
Benefit the professional - I already have this, so am going to give it to my friend. Not sure what she will make of it as she is not a beauty junkie!

Body oil - I love body oils, especially in spray form - so easy post-shower! I love my Garnier ultimate beauty oil and don't think I'll be swapping it but this was nice too - much thicker and you have to massage it in so not as easy, but quicker than having to warm my Elemis oil from a solid in order to use!

Hand cream - everyone loves a god hand cream, even my boyfriend who has claimed this for his own. Organic too, nice.

Another cleanser - I feel like I get quite a few cleansers with Birchbox and I'm not complaining as I've mentioned before, I'm on the hunt for The One! This one isn't it, though. Nice but looks like shampoo and foams/ creams on the face.

I've been wanting to try Philip Kingsley for ages so yay! I did have a go with this and my hair was softer than usual. Is that what was supposed to happen? 'Elasticizer' made me think my hair would be more springy so I tugged on it a bit after... results inconclusive thus far.

Soup! This was the 'lifestyle' thing. I like miso soup, I've never tried Itsu. I liked the concept of paste instead of powder instant soup and even though this tasted miso-y it was far too salty.
Overall I quite liked my first Birchbox for 2014. I would have maybe liked another makeup bit instead of more creams though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment