Tuesday 7 January 2014

RECIPE: WARM CHICKPEA, SPINACH & MUSHROOM SALAD


Lunch. This morning I have been perusing a new blog I came across via a friend on Facebook. This blog DeliciouslyElla is a plethora of healthy eating, I mean really healthy - no processed anything, no dairy, no meat. It might not sound great put like that but there are some lovely looking recipes on there and tips on eating healthily. Check out her 'About' section to find out why she lives this uber healthy lifestyle. 

So anyway, I was feeling inspired, especially since I have been wanting to eat more healthily after a couple of weeks of massive roast dinners, crisps, chocolates and other Christmassy treats. I confess I haven't followed one of Ella's recipes as I didn't have certain ingredients but inspiration is enough for me, I like to throw a few things together and see what I end up with sometimes and making a 'warm salad' was definitely an experiment for me! Find out how easy it is to make this tasty little lunch...


Start by cooking down some frozen spinach in a pan.

*Worlds least exciting photograph alert* Cut up a few mushrooms and baby toms

Rinse a 400g can of chickpeas

When the spinach is practically melted down, chuck in the mushrooms

After a few minutes add the toms and mini beetroot ball things..

Add the chickpeas along with a dash of rice wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and tomato puree (randomly chosen but quite nice!)

Add some carrot shavings

Give it all a stir (although you will have been doing this regularly anyway..)

Season with salt (Maldon is the best and lasts forever) and pepper


Squeeze a bit more lemon over if you like and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment