Thursday 2 January 2014

My 2013.


My 2013...






 

 





   





 2013. Looking back I didn't think this year had been that special, I felt like I hadn't done much and it was altogether a bit 'blah'. But looking at a few photos from the year I have actually had some pretty cool moments.

I have done a lot of cooking and baking which makes me so happy and I'm sure 2014 will be much of the same in that department! I have also had a lot of lovely meals at some amazing restaurants and had the best food of my life when I went to Gizzi @ the Disco in February! 

I had an amazing chilled out summer spent with my family and boyfriend, going on holidays, sailing and adventuring! 

I got into all things beauty this year, learned the importance of a good skincare routine (ashamedly at the age of 22!) and my skin is now the best it has been for years! I also learned how to successfully apply makeup and rediscovered the joys of makeup that I used to have in my early teens.

As usual I have read a lot and worked my arse off at uni. I finished my second year with a high 2:1 and a real love for academia. However having just completed the first semester of my first year I have found it to be the most difficult and stressful stage yet and therefore the least enjoyable, which has meant a big rethink when it comes to pursuing an MA (although going to the postgrad open day at Oxford University was pretty special). Still awaiting results for that semester...

Third year also saw me become the president of the Brookes Real Ale Society, we have hosted some really fun events and I judged the ale of the year at the Oxford Beer Festival for the second year in a row - so much fun!

I had a massive clearout of my wardrobe over summer but I may have been too hasty as I still feel like I have hardly any clothes! I also made my Mum do the same as she is such a pack-rat!

My boyfriend Charlie and I moved into our own flat finally! This must be the best bit of 2013. This year I hope that when we finish uni and move out of our flat that we can move into somewhere else together again as I love having our own place!

In August I went for a little holiday to Bath Spa, which was amazing. I loved that place and hope to go back soon.

This has definitely been the year of food and most prominently Sunday Roasts! I love a good Sunday lunch and Charlie and I have found a local favourite to go to regularly.

Finally, Christmas was lovely. I spent my first Christmas away from home at Charlie's parents' house but we also had our first Christmas tree together, which I bought Charlie as a surprise just before our deadlines to bring a bit of Christmas cheer into the stressful essay atmosphere! 

For 2014 my New Year's Resolution is to step outside my comfort zone, hopefully this will push me to take more opportunities and go for things that would have possibly scared me otherwise! Perfect resolution for the year I graduate! 

I am looking forward to graduation, travelling abroad for the first time since before my degree and having fun!

What are you looking forward to this year, and what are your New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment