Friday 14 June 2013

REVIEW: e.l.f 32pc EYESHADOW PALETTE IN 'BRIGHTS'


e.l.f 32pc Eyeshadow Palette £9 £5
The top strip of browns & golds is my go-to for everyday make up.
These grey & black ones are grey for the top lash line when you don't fancy eyeliner & I use the lighter brown to fill in eyebrows.
3 gorgeous colours on their own or blended together.
The first one to hit pan! My favourite for base all over lid colour, day or night. 

I bought this a while ago, maybe a month and a half ago, because I had a very limited eyeshadow collection that only had brown/gold colours. I wanted something with a variety of colours that wouldn't be for everyday but so that I always had the option of a quirky colour, should I need it. This palette definitely serves that purpose! While it does have a lot of great everyday colours, there are some vibrant ones for more special occasions. A lot of them are shimmery, but there are a few matte ones too, I'm not particularly more into one or the other, I tend to go through stages of loving matte eyeshadow or shimmery, currently I'm loving shimmer. The pigmentation of these shadows are really good, meaning you don't need loads of it, which is good because they are quite small. e.l.f also do this palette in 2 other colour sets, one being 'Natural' which looks really nice but they didn't have in stock when I bought mine. The only one left in stock now is 'Everyday', which isn't surprising when looking at the bargain price of just £5 reduced from £9. I paid £5 for mine and it is totally worth it and great value for money, although I don't know whether I would have bought it for £9. It is a decent size, I chuck it into my Zara Office City Bag when I'm going to stay at my boyfriend's house and it has never broken on the outside or inside. It comes with a double ended sponge applicator, which I haven't used because I just don't like them, even before I had brushes for eyeshadow I used to prefer to use a clean finger to a sponge applicator! I would recommend these palettes, assuming they are all the same quality and would buy other e.l.f eyeshadows in the hope that they are similar to these. Definitely one of the best e.l.f products I have bought and I have bought quite a few, because it is so cheap I tend to buy things from them to try out before buying similar products from more expensive brands to see if I would use it often enough/ if I like it! 

I hope this was helpful and I have been thinking of making a video about my best & worst e.l.f products as I have found that I either really love or hate their products, it can be quite hit and miss! Let me know if you would like to see that sometime in the next few weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment