Tuesday 11 June 2013

REVIEW: REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSHES





Real Techniques Expert Face Brush £9.99




Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer £7.99



As I have recently started using (liquid) foundation again, I decided I wanted to try a proper brush for application rather than my fingers to see if it made any difference. Well, it does! I had tried applying foundation with a brush I already had but it was a rubbish brush and probably not right for foundation (or anything, I hate it!) but this expert face brush from Real Techniques impressed me more than I ever though possible. I always thought why buy a brush for something I can do with my hands? but I was wrong. First thoughts in the shop when I picked it up were that it was a bit expensive, similarly priced to the No. 7 range of brushes, and I was tempted to go for one of the sets that would be cheaper in general because of the amount you get, but in the end I thought I would go for exactly the brush I had been after and now I just want to buy them all! It does a really nice job of buffing in foundation and achieving a flawless effect, I also use it to buff in concealer under my eyes as I find I can never blend it well enough with my finger (next on my list - a concealer brush!). It is super soft and really well designed, I'm pretty certain that I saw in a video Sam Chapman (who designs the brushes) said they are cut by hand for precise results. If you have been wondering about foundation brushes and if they are worth the hype or money, my answer, as someone previously skeptical about them, is to get one! I haven't tried many brush ranges and don't think I'll be buying from any others in the near future, I use eco tools eye brushes but now want more Real Techniques brushes instead. The only other one I'd like to try at the moment is a MAC eyeshadow blending brush, but I'm not planning on splashing out that much for a brush just yet. 

I also got the Real Techniques lash and brow groomer as I usually get plastic comb ones, which I go through SO quickly because I have super long eyelashes and Cara Delevigne-esque brows, both of which take a fair bit of taming and neatening! I was hunting for a metal instead of plastic eyelash comb in the hope that it will last me longer and as I was getting my expert face brush I saw they had a metal comb and grabbed it quickly because it was the last one! At first I was skeptical about the eyebrow brush part because the bristles looked a bit cheap and as if they wouldn't work very well, but from the first brush over my brows it has been the best one I've ever used - and I've used a lot of these! 

So I woud definitely recommend Real Techniques brushes so far, I want to get a new blusher brush, concealer brush and eyeshadow brushes so will review those when I have used them! 

Which is your favourite brand of brushes? Have you tried Real Techniques and if so, which is your go to?



No comments:

Post a Comment