Friday 28 June 2013

REVIEW: LOOK BEAUTY MAKEUP: FOUNDATION & PRIMER


Look Beauty Airbrush Base £12
Look Beauty Perk Me Up Primer £12




Hello! Today I'm reviewing a couple of things from the Look Beauty range found in Superdrug. I shall begin with the foundation or 'Airbrush Base' as they have named it. I'm not keen on this one, especially for the £12 price tag, which is at the heftier end of drugstore/highstreet foundations. Luckily for me I made these purchases when they were in a half price sale so only paid £6. I hadn't used this one for a while as I've been loyal to my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, but this morning I used both the primer and foundation together. The foundation didn't give me a satisfactory coverage for the current state of my skin, I've got a bit of redness on my cheeks and this didn't help to hide it and didn't give the coverage I've gotten used to lately overall for my face. The colour range isn't the best, I think there is only 4/5 shades but for me the light one matches quite well, so that is one redeeming feature! On it's own this foundation is quite matte but teamed with the primer beforehand gives a more dewy effect, although I wasn't too keen as it looked too shiny and felt a bit tacky in places. 

The primer I actually quite like, usually I'm not too fussed by primers and only own one other from MUA as I feel they all do pretty much the same job no matter what you spend. This 'Perk Me Up' while coming in a cheaper plastic packaging as opposed to the glass foundation bottle is rather nice. It gives you a similar effect as Rimmel Wake Me Up but without the shimmery trait. Although slightly scarily pink-looking it blends in really naturally and is nice to apply foundation over the top of. Overall, I wouldn't purchase either again, especially at full price, because I just think my money could be better spent elsewhere. 

Have you tried these, or any other, Look Beauty products? What is your verdict? ...I think the blushers look quite nice...


No comments:

Post a Comment